Saturday, March 7, 2009

Ferguson, Gina

1 FERGUSON, Gina 11/22/14 28/Pro
00:52:05 05:12:47 03:08:11 09:18:25
She won Ironman NZ.

Post race comments from ironmanlive:

“Yeah, this is my biggest win, the race was really competitive with Jo and Charlotte and earlier Lisbeth and it is here in New Zealand so yes, this is definitely the most important win of my career so far,” Ferguson said.

“Jo was pushing the whole way and I was running scared for a big part of the marathon, I only thought I had it with seven km to go. I knew I had the legs for that last part and wouldn’t let Jo past me. But it is so hard, your body doesn’t want to push, but you know you have to. The final six km was the best experience of my life, though, with the support and noise of the crowd, it was amazing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment